A Coaching Manager
The objectives, the team and the manager are three key things in the work of a coaching manager. A coaching manager benefits both themselves and their team by using a set of objectives. Constantly learning about leading oneself is a substantial part of the coaching manager’s job description. Respecting team members and recognizing their individual traits are cornerstones of being a coaching manager.
Topics in A Coaching Manager training:
- Incremental, team-wide development
- A coaching manager: Roles and operating models
- Coaching both the team and its individuals
- Intervening in underachievement
- Why does team-wide development stop?
- Professional well being of a coaching manager
- Self leadership
- Interaction skills
Contact me. I will map out your needs for training and customize all trainings for the team in question.